Hey you 🙂 How are you today? How are you feeling? Great? I hope so.
In today’s blog post I’m going to address something I’ve seen often, and I think it has to do with people’s selfconfidence. It’s always better to feel more secure about yourself, and that is a thing that has taken me many years to learn.
It helped a lot to meet a super good-looking guy with a psychotherapy background and getting married to him, LOL.
Have you ever seen questions like the following?
(I’m making them up from memory, by the way, but this is the way they go.)
- Can I use a 500×500 picture in the info module on Squidoo?
- What will happen if I click on that button?
- Should I use a pink or a purple color?
- Can I use HTML code on Blogger?
When I see such questions, I alway think: “Why don’t you just do it? Why don’t you just try and see what happens?”
Because if these questions get answered, I often see answers like:
- Yes, you can, I just tried to insert a 500×500 image, and it worked.
- If you click that button, you’ll go to an opt-in form. I just tried it.
- I tried both pink and purple, and I prefer the pink, but it’s up to you.
- I just tried, and yes, you can use HTML on Blogger.
You learn a lot by experimenting, but many are afraid of that. They want a proven blueprint to follow.
Let me tell you something: You don’t need a proven blueprint.
Yes, it’s nice, often, if you can save time by using already tested methods, but if it’s only a minor thing, like testing if you can use another size image, then try it.
Don’t be afraid.
The world as we know it, and the Internet, is not going to end.
But you’ll feel stronger every time you step outside your comfort zone.
So the next time you encounter a minor problem, instead of asking for help, try your own ideas out.
If it works, fine, then you have learned something and grown stronger.
If it doesn’t work, try something else. Or search the Internet to see if somebody else have had the same problem and solved it.
If that still doesn’t work, then ask for help.
But don’t let the fear of trying something stand in the way between you and the solution.
Have you been afraid of trying something lately? Confess what it was in the comments 🙂