Some people will use the simple money making ideas they find, just because they are simple and easy to use, but without looking at the ethical site of the business.
If you have ever considered or tried running an online business you probably faced the dilemma of running this business with dignity or not. The Internet is full of get-rich-quick schemes or business ideas that just make you feel dirty when you even hear about them.
So how do you make money online without feeling dirty?
I just read a blog post about that on Balance In Me. I especially loved the introduction, because that was my dream, too. I’ve almost arrived there, in fact. I just need to move a tiny bit closer to the waves. Oh, and by the way, if you dream of sitting outside, working on your laptop, get a MacBook Pro. It’s the only laptop I’ve used that you can actually use outside.
The blog post tells you about the six rules you must follow to make money on the Internet without feeling dirty. I happen to agree with them. They are (according to the blog post):
- Be true to yourself. Always! I’ve tried making websites about popular products, but I’ve failed, because my heart wasn’t in it. I know that some people can do it. I just can’t. I need to be passionate about the topics I write about.
- Focus your business on others. Always! If you’re promoting a product, or reviewing it, think of your readers first. Don’t think of the fat commision check you might receive if you can fool enough people to buy the junk.
- Create. Always! Stop procrastinating, and start taking action. Write blog posts in your own tone. Create your own info products.
- Work on multible ideas. Hehe, I happen to love this one. Well, what they mean is that your first idea might fail. Then try another one. I was lucky with my first idea. It had a huge success, and even though I’ve grown tired of writing on that website many years ago, it still makes me money every month.
- Get inspired by others. Yup! A winner. Read blog posts, news articles, blog comments, information products, and get inspired to come up with your own unique creations.
- Treat your online project as a job. No, they don’t mean that you should be on Facebook the whole time. They mean that you should be serious about your online business. If you’re just starting out, this might sound crazy, but believe me. What you think of today as a hobby, might be your main income – no, not tomorrow, but in a few months from now.
Those were the six rules according to the Balance In Me. Could you add others? Or do you disagree on some of them? What simple money making ideas have you rejected, because you didn’t find them in accordance with ethical Internet marketing?